Open NRW – the open government strategie
Open, transparent and participative: how can we succeed in taking consistent advantage of the opportunities thrown up by digitalisation and breaking new ground for an administration in North Rhine – Westphalia that is digital, in touch with the people and more efficient? Since 2014, Open.NRW, as an implementation of the state’s open government strategy, has been providing practical answers to this. Today it is clear that as a long-term project for the modernisation of administration, Open Government acts as a source of new ideas for a better administration, a more innovative economy and a more lively civil society. In detail, this is about:
- more participation: involve citizens more intensively in decision-making processes
- more collaboration: try out new, innovative forms of collaboration to render the administration more open
- more transparency: make administrative data available transparently as open data
- more open government throughout NRW: intensify the exchange of opinions and information between the municipalities and roll out open government as a form of administrative practice
- Partner :polidia, [init], made in
- Duration :2015–2019
- Keyfacts :Open.NRW as a way of implementing the open government strategy of the NRW government
- Consulting in three areas of action: Open.Data, (e-)participation and cooperation
- ifok has implemented over 40 projects for Open.NRW
ifok advises the state government of NRW on the modernisation of administration and the implementation of open government projects
From strategy consulting, via the conception and implementation of participation projects, to moderation at workshops and conferences: open government has many facets – and ifok provides support at all levels. In several innovation projects, for example, we have tested user-centred methods for open collaboration and made them available for the digitalisation of the administration. In an agile project, our editorial team has put new shine on the Open.NRW portal. With e-participation procedures, we have integrated the digital community in decision-making in NRW. On location in the municipalities or on line in the digital networks of NRW – with our all-round package we have made a contribution to the state-wide expansion of open government in North Rhine – Westphalia. Here is a selection of the projects looked after by ifok for Open.NRW:
Open.NRW connects protagonists, establishes innovative forms of collaboration in administration, and promotes the culture of participation in NRW.
The newly developed reference architecture has criteria that involve several different departments and process fundamentals for e-participation in NRW.
Open.NRW takes priority – with our support: in a Germany-wide comparison, NRW has established itself as one of the pioneers in the field of Open Government.